**** Important to remember to have an emergency pack ready to take with you if you need to evacuate and are unable to return home.
Items to include in your getaway kit:
- Food and drinking water for you (family)/pets/babies for up to 3 days
- Any medication needed for anyone in the family, including baby formula
- Proof of identity – eg passport, driver’s licence
- Some cash if possible
- Change of clothing / sleepwear / weatherproof / footwear / sleeping bag or stretcher / torch and batteries
- Radio/cellphone and charger/recreation material for children/snacks
- First aid kit/cutlery/plates
Always keep your car full and check on your friends and neighbours.